Shipping and Handling Charges
Our handling and insured delivery charges guarantee safe arrival of your order. Please allow 5 to 14 business days for transit time. An additional charge of $15.00 applies for shipments sent to AK and HI. Unfortunately, due to excessive shipping costs, we will only ship seeds to AK and HI. No shipments will be made to foreign countries. **If you want to specify a shipping date there will be an additional $15.00 charge.**
AK and HI - Seeds only. No shipments of plant material or supplies.
AZ and CA - No shipments of bulbs or live plants.
CO - No plums, currants, gooseberries or potatoes.
WA - No currants, gooseberries, grapes, leek plants, onion plants and sets, shallots or potatoes.
OR - No grapes, potatoes, walnuts, Buddleia or Cortaderia.
ID - No shipments of bean seed or nursery stock.
MT and NV - No potatoes.
DE, ME, MA, MI, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, RI, and WV - No gooseberries or currants.
PUERTO RICO, CANADA, APO/FPO addresses and foreign countries - No shipments of any kind.
*Please check with your local Cooperative Extension Office or Dept. of Agriculture for specific restrictions in your area.
Spring Shipping Schedule
- You may receive more than one shipment.
- Seeds and non-perishable products are usually sent immediately.
- Live plants, bulbs, shrubs and trees are shipped at the best time for planting in your area. Please click here to see a chart of approximate shipping times.
- Due to danger of freezing in transit, perishable plant material will not be shipped before March 1st.
- Only limited nursery stock will be shipped after June 1. We resume shipping perennials and bulbs from our fall catalog in August
*Make sure to check when the approximate shipping time is for your region - Click here to find out how!
Fall Shipping Schedule
- Strawberry Plants: August - September
- Colchicum & Iris: mid-August - September
- Perennials & Ground Covers: August - mid-October
- Daylilies: late August - early October
- Peonies & Oriental Poppies: late September - late October
- Lilies & Dutch Flowering Bulbs: late September - until freezing temperatures no longer allow.
- Foxtail Lilies: early October - mid-November
- Amaryllis, Paperwhites & Forcing Bulbs: early October - until freezing temperatures no longer allow
- Seeds, Books & Gardening Supplies: year around